Mobile home windows are easily measured. Measurements in a mobile home are based on the 'rough opening'. That is the actual opening size
of the window, door or tub. Imagine the window was not there, and you had was a hole in the wall.
- Measure the rough opening
- Match to the closest standard size.
Rough opening of 30.25 x 26.78, order a 30 x 40.Rough opening of 46.5 x 39 5/8.
- Designed for Metal Siding
- Aluminum constructions.
- Some sizes available in horizontal sliders
- Not as energy efficient as Kinro Vinyl Windows.
- Can be used with an Interior Storm Window for added insulation!
Kinro Vinyl Windows
- Designed for vinyl siding
- White vinyl construction
- Vertical sliders
- Highly insulated
- No additional windows needed.
Interior Storm Windows are not always necessary for your mobile home. If you live in the south, it is likely your home doesn't have them.
Interior Storm Windows are a great way to increase the energy efficiency of your home, and save money each month on your power bill!
If you live in a cold state, we would suggest them. You can always benefit from lower heating and cooling cost!
- Hex head screws/li>
- Putty Tape
- Utility Knife
- Ladder if needed.
- Patience and a sense of humor encase something unexpected comes up.
Installing a mobile home window is a starter DIY project! The first job should take less than an hour (if only things worked out the first time).
The author of this article graduated with a CS degree, and he did it without too much embarassement.