This website currently inactive and not processing orders. All phones and emails are inactive too.
Door Help Section
Welcome to our Mobile Home Door help page. Here you will find
all sorts of useful information on manufacutured home doors. Click a link below
to be taken to your section of interest. We also offer support via phone @ 800-979-2647.
Please read check the list below for your answer before calling. We have made
every effort to answer the most common questions.
How to determine Hinge-Type:From the outside of your home, is your hinge on the left or right?If it is on the left, you have a Left-Hinged oor (LH).If it is on the right, you have a Right-Hinged door (RH).
Measuring an Exterior Door
- There are many ways to measure your door. We recommend the simplest.
- Measure the rough opening (the hole that would be left if you removed everything).
- Round to the nearest even number.
- ALWAYS BACK YOUR MEASUREMENTS DOWN TO NEAREST SIZE. 32.25" x 76.75" -> 32" x 76"
Measuring a Combination Door
- Measure the rough opening (the hole that would be left if you removed everything). This includes the Jamb!
- Round to the nearest even number. 33.75" -> 34", etc.
Commond Sizes By Year:
- These sizes are for reference only. Use this as a guide, and nothing more. If you want
to find out the measurement of your door, follow the instructions listed on this page.
- 1965 - 1973:
30 x 72
32 x 72
- 1974 - 1981:
32 x 76
34 x 76
- 1982 - 1997:
34 x 76
34 x 80
- 1998 - Present:
34 x 76
36 x 76
34 x 80
36 x 80
38 x 80
Measuring a Storm Door:
- From the outside of your home, measure just the door. Do not
include the frame.
- Round your measurement down to the nearest even number (31 3/4" = 32", etc).
- Add 2" to your measurement.
Door Installation Guide::
1.Make certain all mounting surfaces (siding seams included) are securely fastened and flat around perimeter of door opening.
2.Apply a suitable non-hardening sealant tape to the backside of the door's mounting flange.
3.Do not remove any shipping clips or fasteners and keep the door closed and locked during the installation. Opening the door prior to the installation will destroy the pre-squaring by the manufacturer.
4.Insert the door assembly carefully into the rough opening. Make certain the doorsill is secure on the floor. Move door to hinge side until it is firmly against hinge side stud.
5.Proceed to fasten door with screw3s. Drive the first 3 screws into the outer frame in the middle at the hinge side. Then, drive the next 3 screws in the middle of the outer frame on the lock side. Then, secure the balance of the hinge side, across the sill, up the lock and the header.
6.Remove the shipping clips and open the door. Install the appropriate hardware.
7.If it is a house-type door with storm door, make certain 2 long screws are put through the storm door plunger bracket fastened to the jamb. This is to anchor the bracket securely to your hinge side stud.
8.If the house-type inner door is secured to the outer frame with butt type hinges (Steel six- panel door only), run one long screw through each hinge on the jamb side to penetrate the hinge side stud.
9.The house-type door has an adjustable stop. Adjust the stop to the exterior of the inner door to insure a good seal.
If the above steps are followed, the door will be sealed and operate properly.